The drush command 'mongodb-migrate-prep' could not be found.in drupal
For some reason I got it into my head the other day to tinker around with MongoDB and Drupal, masochism I guess. Anyway, I finally had the opportunity to start tinkering with it last night.
The set up was fairly easy - if you're on a Mac with Homebrew just hit up the josegonzalez builds of PHP5.5 and then
brew install php55-mongo or something like that. Just
brew search php55-mongo before you go blindly copying that command in.
Making the connection between Drupal and Mongo was also pretty straightforward, just follow the instructions on this post.
After that I was ready to migrate some content, so I did the old
drush | grep mongo to see a list that looked like this --
All commands in mongodb: (mongodb) mongodb-cli (mdbc) Open a mongodb command-line interface using Drupal's credentials. mongodb-conf Print mongodb connection details using print_r(). mongodb-connect A string for connecting to the mongodb. mongodb-query (mdbq) Execute a query against the site mongodb. Other commands: (adaptivetheme,archive,browse,cache,coder_review,topic,features_plumber,apachesolr_site,redirect,image,libraries,make,mongodb_migrate,nodequeue_generate,print_pdf,queue,rules_scheduler,runserver,search,shellalias,sitealias,ssh,acquia_search,acquia_spi,strongarm,test,usage,uuid,variable,views_bulk_operations,views_data_export,watchdog,xmlsitemap) mongodb-migrate Migrates fields. Run mongodb-field-update first. mongodb-migrate-prep Prepare for migrate. Resets existing migration. No data is lost.
So, cool! Only problem is I repeatedly got this back ---
The drush command 'mongodb-migrate-prep' could not be found. Run 'drush cache-clear drush' to clear the commandfile cache if you have installed new extensions.
Over and over, clearing drush cache over and over, until I finally figured to look in the drush files that came with the Mongo module. The trick is that Chx actually meant to say that command is called
drush mongodb-migrate-prepare instead of just "prep".
It's not that reassuring about the experience that lay ahead of me that an error this simple and fixable is lying there unpatched, apparently after 2 years worth of development, since I first tried the green "official" release before going -dev on it. I suppose I'll be submitting a patch for that.
I have another blog post about the migration tribulations, but I eventually got through it and it's kinda cool. Instead of a giant throbbing schema full of
field_data_this_and_that, all you have is ---
> show collections cache cache_bootstrap fields_current.file fields_current.node fields_current.taxonomy_term fields_current.user fields_revision.node migrate.file migrate.node migrate.taxonomy_term migrate.user queue.feeds_importer_expire queue.feeds_push_unsubscribe queue.feeds_source_clear queue.feeds_source_import queue.file_entity_type_determine queue.print_mail_send queue.views_bulk_operations session system.indexes
Each node document in that collection has every field that it needs to have, right on the node! Win! Now to figure out what to do with it!!